Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Full Time Position
There are no full-time positions currently open.
Fall 2014 Internships
General Information Sister Cities International's Membership Department serves three major functions. The department is responsible for membership recruitment and retention, identifying and nurturing sister city community partnerships, and providing general customer service to the membership. The department is the first point of contact for our members and therefore maintains working knowledge of all programs within the organization. Selected candidate will receive a $500.00 stipend at the end of their tenure.
Position Summary These interns work with the Membership department on day-to-day operations, including research and recruitment of members, identifying possible city-to-city partnerships, preparation for meetings with visiting international delegations, responding to members, and special projects depending on the skills and desires of the intern. These interns may be asked to assist with meetings with member communities throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia depending on the intern's availability.
Essential Job Functions
Conduct research for recruitment and retention campaigns
- Prepare materials and information for upcoming meetings and conferences
- Website and Database management
- Receive international delegations to the Sister Cities International Office
- Assist international communities as they consider American partnerships
- Research and compose member related content for website
- Correspond with current and potential members
- Other administrative tasks as directed
- A special project may be developed based on the interest of the intern
Currently enrolled, full/part time student in an undergraduate or graduate program. Recent graduates will also be considered
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Close attention to detail is required
- Experience living or working abroad and fluency in a second language preferred, but not required
- Sense of humor
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "First and last name Membership" in the subject line. Weekly schedule as well as start/end dates are flexible. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
Become a State Coordinator
We are seeking dynamic and dedicated individuals to serve as State Coordinators. Current vacancies can be found here. If you are interested in applying please review the State Coordinator Job Description and Application. Contact email@example.com for further information.