Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Full Time Positions
General Summary: This position is responsible for providing high-level executive, administrative, and managerial support to the President and CEO in the execution of her roles and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands of the organization’s operations, and be willing to assist with other departments and organizational needs as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exert management and oversight of the President and CEO’s office to concentrate her time, effort, and priorities on strategic and fundraising initiatives
- Maintain the President’s official calendar, coordinate travel logistics, update contact lists
- Prepare routine high level correspondence including letters and memos, summarize information and written material
- Monitor, respond to, and distribute incoming correspondence and communications to the President and CEO’s office
- Facilitate the management of internal and external communications (to and from the Office of the President) to ensure responsive and timely attention to needs of all staff
- Assist the President and CEO to schedule and manage meetings within the organization
- Compile and reconcile expense reports for the President and CEO
- Record, transcribe, and disseminate minutes from the President and CEO’s meetings and distribute minutes in a timely manner to support consistent communication and record keeping
- Serve as a point of contact for the organization’s Board of Directors and other leadership personnel
- Keep clear records of all board member and leadership contact information in a database as well as board meeting minutes and agendas
- Answer and route telephone calls and inquiries from the public
- Responsible for administrative matters pertaining to supplies, equipment, and travel including purchasing and maintaining records
- Log all incoming mail/payments and follow standard operating procedures to process them
- Perform other related duties and additional tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; a degree with an international focus strongly preferred
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in busy executive office
- Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks
- Experience with making international and domestic travel arrangements and preparing detailed itineraries and agendas for executives
- Experience with handling high level executives and officials preferred (e.g. federal and local government officials/employees, embassy and consulate officials/employees, etc.)
- Experience in collaborating with finance and program teams in preparation for meetings
- Detail oriented individual with the ability to work collaboratively, accept responsibility, and motivate colleagues, members, volunteers, and donors
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects
- Well-organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse staff and programs/departments
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated capacity to be detailed-oriented, function independently, and exercise discretion and judgment with sensitive matters
- Ability to initiate work and follow through with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing priorities and balance competing assignments
- Proficiency with Windows computer applications, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet applications
- Salesforce experience necessary
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Executive Assistant" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
- Primary responsibilities are to record payables, receivables and journal entries daily
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and support schedules
- Assist with the monthly close procedures
- Prepare account reconciliations (cash, liabilities, fixed assets, payroll accruals) and supporting sub-ledgers
- Research and resolve account reconciling items
- Monitor grant activity and ensure proper account coding and documentation
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Assist with preparation of audit sampling package for external & internal audits
- Support other team members as necessary
- Other projects as assigned
- 2 years work experience in a fast-paced environment (preferably not-for-profit)
- 4 year Accounting or Business related degree required
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office application; especially Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- $41,000 with comprehensive benefits
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Sister Cities International
Attn: Sr. Director of Finance and Administration
915 15th Street, NW 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
Fall 2014 Internships
Communications & Research Intern
The intern will assist the Communications Director and Communications Assistant in a variety of projects related to research, member communications, public relations, media, and website management. Applicants should have an academic background or previous experience in media, research, writing, social media, and website management.
Looking for candidate to start at the beginning of September.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research trends and activities in the sister city network and draft articles for the organization’s website.
- Archive and classify press articles.
- Research media organizations, create press lists, and draft press releases.
- Edit online and print materials.
- Monitor member communications and generate events lists for publication.
- Assist with Sister Cities International's social media campaigns.
- Assist Conference and Events Manager with event related tasks such as pre-conference marketing, registration, and on-site support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or graduate student with availability to work 20 hours per week.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to conduct quality research and effectively report on findings.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Previous internship experience in research, writing, or media preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Excellent written and communication skills. Experience in customer service a plus.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with "2014 Fall Communications Internship" in the subject line. Weekly schedule as well as start/end dates are flexible. No phone calls please.
Become a State Coordinator
We are seeking dynamic and dedicated individuals to serve as State Coordinators. Current vacancies can be found here. If you are interested in applying please review the State Coordinator Job Description and Application. Contact email@example.com for further information.