Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Full Time Positions
- Primary responsibilities are to record payables, receivables and journal entries daily
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and support schedules
- Assist with the monthly close procedures
- Prepare account reconciliations (cash, liabilities, fixed assets, payroll accruals) and supporting sub-ledgers
- Research and resolve account reconciling items
- Monitor grant activity and ensure proper account coding and documentation
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Assist with preparation of audit sampling package for external & internal audits
- Support other team members as necessary
- Other projects as assigned
- 2 years work experience in a fast-paced environment (preferably not-for-profit)
- 4 year Accounting or Business related degree required
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office application; especially Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
How to apply
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com by September 2nd. No phone calls please.
Sister Cities International
Attn: Sr. Director of Finance and Administration
915 15th Street, NW 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
Fall 2014 Internships
Communications & Research Intern
The intern will assist the Communications Director and Communications Assistant in a variety of projects related to research, member communications, public relations, media, and website management. Applicants should have an academic background or previous experience in media, research, writing, social media, and website management.
Looking for candidate to start at the beginning of September.
Essential Job Functions:
• Research trends and activities in the sister city network and draft articles for the organization’s website.
• Archive and classify press articles.
• Research media organizations, create press lists, and draft press releases.
• Edit online and print materials.
• Monitor member communications and generate events lists for publication.
• Assist with Sister Cities International's social media campaigns.
• Assist Conference and Events Manager with event related tasks such as pre-conference marketing, registration, and on-site support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate or graduate student with availability to work 20 hours per week.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
• Ability to conduct quality research and effectively report on findings.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Previous internship experience in research, writing, or media preferred.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
• Excellent written and communication skills. Experience in customer service a plus.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with "2014 Fall Communications Internship" in the subject line. Weekly schedule as well as start/end dates are flexible. No phone calls please.
General Information Sister Cities International's Membership Department serves three major functions. The department is responsible for membership recruitment and retention, identifying and nurturing sister city community partnerships, and providing general customer service to the membership. The department is the first point of contact for our members and therefore maintains working knowledge of all programs within the organization. Selected candidate will receive a $500.00 stipend at the end of their tenure.
Position Summary These interns work with the Membership department on day-to-day operations, including research and recruitment of members, identifying possible city-to-city partnerships, preparation for meetings with visiting international delegations, responding to members, and special projects depending on the skills and desires of the intern. These interns may be asked to assist with meetings with member communities throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia depending on the intern's availability.
Essential Job Functions
Conduct research for recruitment and retention campaigns
- Prepare materials and information for upcoming meetings and conferences
- Website and Database management
- Receive international delegations to the Sister Cities International Office
- Assist international communities as they consider American partnerships
- Research and compose member related content for website
- Correspond with current and potential members
- Other administrative tasks as directed
- A special project may be developed based on the interest of the intern
Currently enrolled, full/part time student in an undergraduate or graduate program. Recent graduates will also be considered
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Close attention to detail is required
- Experience living or working abroad and fluency in a second language preferred, but not required
- Sense of humor
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "First and last name Membership" in the subject line. Weekly schedule as well as start/end dates are flexible. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
Become a State Coordinator
We are seeking dynamic and dedicated individuals to serve as State Coordinators. Current vacancies can be found here. If you are interested in applying please review the State Coordinator Job Description and Application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.