Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
No positions available at this time.
Communications/Marketing intern will assist the Communications Manager in a variety of projects and become an integral part of the Sister Cities International team.
Duties include writing, editing, public relations, social media, email marketing, press pitching, embassy outreach, media research, and website management. Applicants should have an academic background or previous experience in public relations, research, writing, marketing, social media, and/or international affairs/diplomacy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with strategy and implementation of Sister Cities International's communications campaigns.
- Create written, visual, and video content for website and social media channels.
- Archive and classify press articles.
- Gather weekly news clips for broad circulation.
- Assist in writing and editing content for newsletters, blog, social media, and other digital outreach.
- Support Communications Manager with event-related tasks such as marketing, material creation, and event registration.
- Research and write about stories, activities, and trends in the sister city network.
- Research media outlets, create press lists, and draft press releases and media advisories.
- Spearhead outreach efforts to press and partner organizations
- Upload content to the Sister Cities International website.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student. Recent graduates will also be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous internship experience in writing, research, media, marketing and/or social media preferred.
- Ability to conduct quality research and effectively report on findings.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign preferred.
- Experience with video editing preferred.
- Experience in customer service a plus.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with their first and last name and the name of the internship in the subject line (ex: John Doe Communications). Weekly schedule as well as start/end dates are flexible. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
Sister Cities International's Membership Department serves three major functions. The department is responsible for membership recruitment and retention, identifying and nurturing sister city community partnerships, and providing general customer service to the membership. The department is the first point of contact for our members and therefore maintains working knowledge of all programs within the organization.
These interns work with the Membership department on day-to-day operations, including research and recruitment of members, identifying possible city-to-city partnerships, preparation for meetings with visiting international delegations, responding to members, and special projects depending on the skills and desires of the intern. These interns may be asked to assist with meetings with member communities throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia depending on the intern's availability. Largely, these interns will assist in recruitment and renewal processes for the organization as well as new partnership projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct research for recruitment and retention campaigns
- Prepare materials and information for upcoming meetings and conferences
- Website and Database management
- Receive international delegations to the Sister Cities International Office
- Assist with the Cities Seeking Cities program via research and correspondence
- Assist international communities as they consider American partnerships
- Research and compose member related content for website
- Correspond with current and potential members
- Other administrative tasks as directed
- A special project may be developed based on the interest of the intern
- Currently enrolled, full/part time student in an undergraduate or graduate program. Recent graduates will also be considered
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Close attention to detail is required
- Experience living or working abroad and fluency in a second language preferred, but not required
- Sense of humor
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with their first and last name and the name of the internship in the subject line (ex: John Doe Membership). Weekly schedule as well as start/end dates are flexible. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
Become a State Representative
We are seeking dynamic and dedicated individuals to serve as State Representatives. Current vacancies can be found here. If you are interested in applying please review the State Representative Job Description and Application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.